Foodie

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Almond Sugee Cake





Today is the first day of school for my grand children. Renee is in Grade 4 and Alexander is in Grade 1. Seeing the both of them going to school this morning brought me back to when i started school a long long time ago. It was early January, 1952 when my grandma, Ah Poh, took me to the Convent School. My Ah Poh was very persistent that i should be in an all girl school and had to bribe the nuns to take me in cos we were non-catholic nor rich enough. On the first day of school, i remembered i was made to carry a rattan basket but i did not have any school books cos i have not been accepted as a student yet. But, i do have several contents in there which were very interesting. My Ah Poh had her rituals and all meant for the wellness of my future.......

Continue to read HEREand find out what were the interesting contents in my rattan basket and also the recipe for Almond Sugee Cake.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The cake looks wonderful.

Miriam Korula said...

wow...wat a lovely cake...a really nice post...:)

Anonymous said...

bribing nuns? wow, I thought better of nuns...

Anna said...

Hi Lily, Just wonder if you know how to make Lau Sah Bao?

Unknown said...

anna

i have made lau sah bao and it tuwas more 'peet' sah bao than 'lau'. Will post it when it is right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...